What would you do with $200,000? Travel? Buy a house? Invest?
We would upgrade our information technology system. Why? Because technology is at the core of what Hands On Nashville does every day. Technology makes it possible for us to connect record numbers of willing volunteers to critical community needs via HON.org. This isn’t just a pie-in-the-sky dream… It could really happen for us. But first, we need your help.
We are one of ten finalists for a $200,000 IT makeover from Claris Networks. To win, we need you to vote for us. You can only vote once, so every vote really counts.
Voting is taking place now through November 7 at 11:59 p.m. — but we don’t recommend waiting that long. Go ahead and take the one minute to vote here. And then ask five friends to vote.
Just in case you aren’t convinced, here are the top 5 reasons you should vote for us. Winning will…
- allow us to redirect money we would normally spend on IT services to programs such as Home Energy Savings, Urban Agriculture, and Youth Volunteer Corps, that are making Nashville a better place
- allow our staff to better access important information from the field
- streamline many of our data collection processes
- help keep Nashville in the top 14 cities for volunteerism (or maybe even catapult us into the top 10!)
- make Hands On Nashville and our partners even more nimble when it comes to mobilizing volunteers when disaster strikes
Oh yeah – and it will make our office manager’s life a lot easier. 🙂