Interested in rallying your friends, coworkers and neighbors for Hands On Nashville Day 2014? Ready to sign up to be a Team Captain?
Thanks to Team Captains like you, more than 1,500 volunteers will makeover 50-plus Metro Nashville Public Schools on September 20.
Here’s how you can create a team on our website, register for Hands On Nashville Day, and get your team pumped up for a FUN day of service!
You can always contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 615-298-1108 ext. 301 if you run into any trouble throughout this sign up process!
Step 1 – Create an account at HON.org
- First things first. Before you can create a team, click here to first create a volunteer account.
Already have an account? Great! Log in to your account at HON.org and jump to Step 2.)
- To create an account, fill out the form above, click Submit, and you will be logged in and ready to go!
Step 2 – Create a new team.
- Now that you are logged in, locate the top blue menu and click My Account.
- Then, to the left, click on Create a New Team.
A new page will appear.
- Enter info about your team (No lie detectors, we promise).
- Go ahead and add your team members to the list along with their contact info, too. You will need an email address and/or phone number for each team member.
(We highly recommend including email addresses whenever possible!)
- Since you’re creating the team, you’re automatically Team Captain!
TIP: You can always add and remove team members later (We’ll show you how in Step 3).
- When ready, click the green Create Team button at the bottom of the page and wait for the hamsters in the wheel to do their work…
- You’ll see a team confirmation page (NICELY DONE). All of your team members with email addresses listed will receive an email with instructions for how to accept the invitation to officially join your team.
Great job — you’re almost finished!
Creating a team is a great first step, but it does NOT mean your team is signed up for Hands On Nashville Day. You must also register your team for a specific HON Day school site when registration opens on Thursday, Aug. 28. We’ll show you how in Step 4.
Step 3 – Update team information.
If you find yourself wanting to add additional team members (because you’re incredibly popular, charming, or just plain awesome) or update your roster, follow these steps:
- While logged in to your account, click My Account.
- To the left, click My Teams.
- Identify which volunteer team you would like to update, and click the plus sign (+) next to that team name.
- Click Manage Team.
- To add new members, click Add New Members.
- To remove a team member, select the box next to the individual’s name and click Remove Member.
TIP: To make another member a Team Captain, select the individual and click Make A Captain. They will then be able to manage the roster and pump up the group. We’ll communicate directly with everyone you list as a Team Captain, so please think twice before assigning everyone that role!
Ready to move on? Now it’s time to sign up your team for a school site!
Step 4 – Sign your team up for Hands On Nashville Day!
To take part in Hands On Nashville Day, Team Captains must sign up their team for a specific Hands On Nashville Day school site once registration opens on Thursday, August 28. Schools fill up fast and the early bird gets the worm! To sign up your team:
- Log in to your account at HON.org.
- Click on the Hands On Nashville Day link on the HON.org homepage.
- Click on the blue Volunteer button. A new page will appear.
- Browse through the list of schools and find the perfect opportunity for your team.
- When you’ve found the school where you would like to volunteer, click Or sign up with a team.
TIP: If you accidentally click the green “Sign up” button and register as an individual, you won’t be able to sign up your team. If this happens, don’t worry! You can always cancel your reservation from the “My Account” section of the site and try again (or send us an email if you have any issues).
- A new page will open where you can select your team.
- In the “Option 1” box use the scroll-down menu to select your volunteer team that will take part. Then click SELECT.
- A pop-up window with your team members will then appear.
- Check the box next to the name of each team member who you want to sign up for Hands On Nashville Day.
(Team members that are “pending” on your team roster can be added like any one else. No worries! Jump down to the tip section below for more information.)
- When you are ready, click SUBMIT!
Your team is now registered for Hands On Nashville Day! You and your teammates (with email addresses) will receive an email confirmation with additional details about where to go for your project, etc. Now is a great time to personally tell your team members the good news. Jump to the last step to see how!
TIP: If you do not have 100% commitments from each team member you’ve invited to be on your team, that’s OK. You can still go ahead and select these team members as shown in Step 4 and sign up your team for HON Day.
Team members who are shown as “pending” on your team roster will still get a slot if you select them when you sign up your team.
If for any reason team members are not going to be able to volunteer on September 20, it is important you remove them from the school your team is signed for so that other volunteers can fill in those slots. The sooner you remove the team members who can’t make it, the better!
- Sign in.
- Go to My Account.
- In the main section of the page you will see your Upcoming Opportunities.
- Find the opportunity your team is registered for.
- Click on Manage My Team.
- A pop-up window with team member names will appear.
- Unselect the people who will NOT be joining you for HON Day.
- Click SUBMIT to finalize your roster.
Step 5 – Communicate with your team.
Pumped to tell your team about this awesome event and plan your matching outfits for the day? You are able to send out mass messages to your members. Here’s how:
- Log in to your account.
- In the My Account section, click on My Teams.
- Click the plus sign (+) next to your team name.
- Click Manage Team and select which members you’d like to email.
- Click Email Members.
- Write your message and hit SUBMIT to send!
Tip: This is another great reason to include email addresses for as many team members as you can! Only team members with emails listed will receive these messages.
INFORMATION TO COMMUNICATE:
- HON Day projects take place at 50+ school sites on Saturday, September 20 from 8 a.m. to Noon. When you’re done with the landscaping and painting, be sure and plan to attend the after party celebration including complimentary lunch ’til 2 p.m at Hands On Nashville.
- Team Challenge – Your team can choose to maximize its overall impact on Hands On Nashville Day by participating in the Team Challenge, which adds a team fundraising component to group volunteer efforts! If interested, click here to learn more.
- Limited edition HON Day event t-shirts will be available beginning August 28 at HON.org.
Whew! That’s it. You now know everything you need to conquer the world… or, at least make it a better place. Still have questions? You can also call us at (615) 298-1108 ext. 301 or e-mail us at email@example.com. View this video for an easy walk-through: