Congratulations to the finalists for the 2018 Strobel Volunteer Awards! Those recognized, and the community organizations with which they serve, are noted below.
Honors individuals who provide significant operational or administrative support to a nonprofit agency, faith-based ministry or community organization, or developed an innovative approach to significantly improve an existing program.
- Cheri Ferrari, The Nashville Food Project
- Joey Hatch, YWCA Nashville
- John O’Shea, Room In The Inn
Civic Volunteer Group
Recognizes representatives of civic, membership, faith-based or non-corporate groups that volunteer together for a specific cause or issue.
- Delta Signma Theta Alumnae, MNPS Scholarship Support
- NHA: Silver Socializers, Nashville Humane Society
- Operation Song, Tennessee Valley Healthcare System
Pays tribute to businesses that have robust employee volunteer programs with high levels of participation and impact.
- Media Star Promotions, The Nashville Food Project
- Deloitte, PENCIL
- Steve Ward and Associates, Preston Taylor Ministries
Direct Service Volunteer (ages five to 20)
Recognizes individuals who have contributed significant volunteer time, energy, and/or resources to help an agency’s constituents.
- Leanna Edwards, Tennessee Valley Healthcare System, Alvin C. York VA Medical Center
- Allison Heard, Saddle Up!
- Sam Strang, Pro-bono Music and Entertainment for Various Nonprofits
Direct Service Volunteer (ages 21 to 49)
- Paige Cruse, Alive Hospice
- Sean Druffel, Habitat for Humanity
- Jill Heyman, Oasis Center
Direct Service Volunteer (ages 50 plus)
- Janie Busbee, Mother to Mother, Inc.
- Dr. Catherine Thornburg, Siloam Health
- Anthony J. Viglietti, Nashville Cherry Blossom Festival/Friends of Riverside Drive