We’re so excited to once again celebrate the amazing contributions of Middle Tennessee volunteers during the 35th Annual Mary Catherine Strobel Volunteer Awards. Nominations will be open April 1-16, 2021.
Here are three things you need to know about this year’s awards, which are presented by Jackson National Life Insurance Company.
1. The awards are totally online this year and all finalists will be featured on hon.org for a month. There will be a fun public voting component to spread their amazing stories of service far and wide.
2. Prize money! Each award recipient will receive a $1,000 gift card from the Community Foundation of Middle Tennessee to give to the charity of their choice. Finalists will receive $250 CFMT gift cards to donate to the charity of their choice.
3. New categories! We’ve updated the categories a little bit to reflect the challenges of 2020 and the dedicated volunteers who rose to meet them. The two new categories are:
- Social Justice Impact Volunteer Award
Recognizes individuals whose volunteer work in 2020 was centered on dismantling or calling out systemic injustice and oppression and lifting up disenfranchised communities.
- Disaster Relief Volunteer Award
Recognizes individuals who made a significant contribution to helping Nashville recover from the tornado, pandemic, or bombing in 2020.
Think of all the incredible people you know who go above and beyond to help others, and consider thanking them by nominating them for a Strobel Award!