In spite of — and because of — all the challenges of 2020, Nashville volunteers made a strong showing in 2020. The numbers below reflect a community that shows up for its neighbors. We are grateful for you. See you in 2021!
Volunteers who signed up to serve: 52,000+
New hon.org volunteer registrations: 34,000+
Projects on the calendar: 6,600+
Virtual or remote projects: 440+
New long-term or flexibly scheduled projects: 160+
Economic value volunteers created for community partners: $2.29 million
SKILLS-BASED AND LONG-TERM SERVICE
• HON placed 23 AmeriCorps members at 13 local nonprofits for a yearlong term of service.
• HON’s GeekCause volunteers completed 24 tech projects, which saved our community partners $169,773.
• The corporate engagement team enlisted 1,265 volunteers who donated 6,100+ hours of their time to support 13 local nonprofits.
• Several employee teams utilized new at-home and kit-based project models to create 5,000+ care packages for teachers, students, veterans, individuals experiencing homelessness, and seniors. Those at-home projects allowed many to engage their families in their volunteer activities.
• Individuals who signed up to help with disaster relief: 35,000+
• Individuals who volunteered at a disaster-relief project (some many times): 11,200+
• Disaster-relief projects completed since March: 2,300+